Resident Evil Revelations was specifically designed to take full advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features and delivers a new storyline into the already popular franchise. The new survival horror experience comes packed with astonishing visuals that will definitely bring the fear to life.
Players will meet familiar characters such as Jill Valentine, and Chris Redfield, but new playable characters have been added as well. Their partners include Parker Luciani, Jessica Sherawat, to name a couple.
So far the plot is as follows, Jill Valentine and her BSAA( Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance) partner Parker Luciani have been sent in search for her old partner Chris Redfield, whose last known location positions him as being onboard a “supposedly” abandoned cruise ship. Now Jill and Parker must face the dangers that hide around every corner as they explore the abandoned ship and face a new enemy and virus; the T-Abyss……
A new mode is being introduced to the series, Raid Mode offers players a unique kind of experience separate to the main campaign in either solo or co-op play. The objective is to compete in a variety of missions to defeat enemies and level up or improve your character and gain upgraded weapons. Simply put, stack up points by defeating enemies and choose how to spend your earned points to improve your weapon’s performance.
Moving on to the key features…
– All new Resident Evil – New storyline that takes place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, and a mysterious agent Raymond Vester along with the Head of the BSAA Clive R. O’Brian.
– The classic survival horror gameplay returns – going back to the basics of gamers investigating a range of different locations which include the confined spaces of a cruise ship and the dangerous snow-covered mountains. Players are armed with limited ammo and weapons( more than likely the old school beretta ) to fight off the infected enemies around every corner.
– Raid Mode – Compete in single player or two player co-op as Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield. Attack the enemies to earn points that can be used to upgrade your character and weapons.
– Brand new threat – A new kind of virus, the T-Abyss, will bring new enemies, ones that not only attack you on the ground but also under water to provide a unique challenge for players.
– Utilizes the unique 3DS features – Make use of the touch screen to solve puzzles and toggle between weapons, will the reaction commands return?
– Use your equipment – Analyze enemies and investigate areas with the new Genesis scanner to reveal hidden items.
– First person shooter view – choose the shooting style that suits you best and pin point your enemies with the ability to alternate between first and third person views.
– Localized voice over – In a first for a Capcom title, Resident Evil Revelations will provide a voice over in five different European languages.
– Outstanding visuals – MT Framework Mobile, Capcom’s proprietary game engine takes the horror to a new level on the Nintendo 3DS screen.
– Compatible with Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro – Add a fourth control scheme to your gameplay experience with the Circle Pad Pro
The street date for Resident Evil Revelations is February 7, 2012. The wait is over.. get to your local store now!