I usually try not to make resolutions, considering it a better option to make a promise to myself instead. Last year it was to stretch regularly and drink more water. This year, I want to tackle the little things that I usually deprive myself of.
1. Finally get a new copy of book one of Song of Ice and Fire series from George R.R. Martin. It was lost forever in the lending process.
2. Stop lending books to people who don’t have respect for their well-being ( how many of you hvae been there “Yeah, I’ll get it right back,” and them 5 months later it’s back missing the cover or the last chapter?)
3. Go see classical music performances at least 4 times in the year. Hellooooo Handel!
4.Go to museums on the free days. Every month.
5. Actually buy Firefly on DVD. It’s about Gor-ram time. And heads up, a reliable source says that Nathan Fillion is the nicest guy ever to work with and just loves his fans.
6. Beg, borrow or steal a telescope and go star gazing.
7. Build a small scale seige weapon.
8. Interview George Takei. Or get coffee with him.
9. Continue to stretch every day.
10. Really try to drink more H2O. Fore reals this year.
What are your Nerd Year Resolutions? Share and good luck!