Given the size, popularity and market share Funko currently enjoys, it’s no surprise that their booth at San Diego Comic Con is one of the most anticipated. They will be offering a metric buttload of exclusives (all of which you can find here), and that’s on top of the Pop-Up Shop they’re hosting outside of the convention in San Diego (news of which you can read about here).
So with all of that in mind, it’s not hard to imagine that some checks and balances need to go into place for fans wishing to buy from Funko. Like last year, they will be instituting a lottery system to allow people into the booth to purchase their exclusives. Below, you can find all of the details regarding the lottery, as posted on Funko’s blog.
If you’re heading to SDCC and have your eye on a few of these exclusives, make sure you pack your lucky rabbit’s foot, rub the tummy on your Buddha statue and cash in that last wish with your genie, because it’s going to take a lot more than just punctuality to grab these vinyls; you’re gonna need luck on your side.
When: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Drawings will start shortly after the lines are let into the building until supplies last. Depending on the amount of attendees in line this line may start moving as early as 6:00am.
Where: Pavilion Terrace (Upper level outside Sails Pavilion). Attendees must first enter the Convention Center from the Badged Member entry line at the front of the building before lining up for drawings. Entry to the Sails Pavilion will be from this line.
ADA attendees with mobility issues should go to the Lobby B2 doors and use the glass elevators for access to the Sails Pavilion. They will be let up to the holding area outside the Sails Pavilion at the same time as the rest of the attendees.
- Attendee & professional badges only.
- One drawing per person, per day.
- This random drawing is for a chance to get a wristband to purchase items at the Funko booth.
- Winning a ticket does not guarantee you of any specific item at the Funko booth. Items may sell out by the time you reach the front of the line.
- Tickets are for a specific date and time and must be redeemed for that specific session.
- Tickets are not transferrable.
- There will be a strict limit of one of each item per ticket.
- You will not be able to line up at the Funko booth before your session begins.
- ADA attendees must also go through the lottery process outside the Sail Pavilion, as noted above.
Find us on the convention floor at Booth #5341!
San Diego Comic Con starts Thursday, July 20th and runs through Sunday the 23rd. Will you be at the show? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment down below or you can tweet to us @Sub_Cultured!